Kinnect’s premium security keys are an additional layer of protection that our premium users can put on any of their individual files.
They are not stored on the same server as our user's data. In fact, they’re not stored at all by Kinnect.
The good news is that this means if there were some sort of security breach, any files which have been protected with a premium key will not be accessible. The bad news is that if a user loses or forgets a key, we can’t recover it. We enable users to give their keys names, and add hints for them to decrease the probability of this happening.
We’ve made it easy for users to create security keys, and apply them to files they choose so our users can have peace of mind knowing that they can make their information inaccessible to potential security threats, or anyone internally in Kinnect.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Add your security key through the key icon in your vault
- Step 2: Add this layer of protection to any file in your vault by using the security key toggle
- Step 3: To access these files at any point in the future, click on the file, then input your security key
How do I remove a security key?
- Step 1: Click on the key icon in your vault
- Step 2: Click on the trashcan icon
- Step 3: Enter your security key and click ‘Delete Key’